The curtains start releasing odor by absorbing the moisture, dirt, dust, smoke, cooking aromas and harmful pathogens from the surroundings. At this point, you must consider cleaning your curtains. The curtains will lose it freshness and even look slightly discolored. You can notice the stains clearly on the light colored curtains. It is really not very difficult to clean the stains on the curtains if you follow the correct process of curtain steam cleaning method. When you decide to clean the curtains through the steam cleaning process it is very easy to eliminate even the stubborn stains from the curtains. Apart from the stains the germs, bacteria, and virus are also easily eliminated from the curtains through the steam cleaning process.
One of the difficult and irritating issues in curtain cleaning is, removing the curtain mold; you must follow effective steps and products to remove the mold from curtains. However, Curtain mold Cleaning can be done effectively through steam therapy. There are several ways to clean the curtains and you can also use different types of products to clean the curtains. Here are the simple and quick ways to steam clean the curtains.
Curtain Steam Cleaning Process
Once you decide to steam clean the curtain you must have a good curtain steam cleaning service machine with an upholstery attachment. If you don’t have your own steam cleaning rent one.
- Always start from the top of the curtains and work towards the bottom
- If the material becomes wet just hold the machine away from the curtain
- Before you start the process always read the manufacturer’s instruction. Steam can burn you, therefore, take some precautions before beginning the job.
- Use an appropriate cleaner that will suit your curtain fabric because choosing the wrong product can harm the curtain fabric.
What Is The Best And Suitable Way To Dry The Curtains?
Do not make a mistake by outing the wet curtains into the dryer. This can cause stubborn creases and you cannot remove the creases even through hot iron. The best way to dry the wet curtains is hanging them outside under good ventilation. The direct sunlight can help you to avoid using the bleach on the curtains. Just hang the curtains under sunlight and the creases will fall out. Once the curtains are dry iron them quickly and hang them.
How To Clean The Curtains Easily
There are several ways that will easily guide you in reducing the need to clean the household materials. One of them is curtains just by following the simple rules you can wash your curtains every now and then to maintain them clean, fresh and tidy.
- Always try to reduce the absorption of smells, when you are cooking close the kitchen doors and limit the smoke from outdoors.
- Vacuum the curtains on a regular basis, use the upholstery attachment to remove the dirt and dust from the curtains
- If you feel that your curtains are releasing bad odor give them a good airing often. Hang them under the direct sunlight or breeze for an hour or two hours. This process will eliminate the odor as well as pathogens from the curtains.